Skip to content
Go to Header Section
- Sound and Music – Sound and Music promotes challenging contemporary music and sound art through a range of projects, incorporating live events, learning, artist development, and digital platforms.
- My Breath My Music – Great site with accessible electronic instruments for people with physical disabilities.
- Create Digital Music – Peter Kirn’s site all about new ways to create digital music.
- BleepLabs – Home of Dr Bleep’s wonderful creations, all available in kit form.
- Eric Archer – Creator of the Andromeda Space Rockers as well as many fantastic DIY audio and visual projects.
- Music Machinery – a blog about music technology by Paul Lamere.
- Nicolas Collins Handmade Electronic Music – Companion website to the fantastic book (highly recommended).
- Gieskes – Gijs Gieskes is an industrial designer from the Netherlands specialized in modifying existing equipment for musical and visual expression.
- Music Makers – A design party for future music.
- Networked Music Review – is a research blog that focuses on emerging networked musical explorations.
- Instructables – The ultimate DIY site. If you want to make your design a reality the chances are you will find some helpful information here.
- Makezine – Make Magazine’s online presence.
- Handmade Music – Build your own electronic instruments.
- Arduino – Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software.
- Raspberry Pi – £25 credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. Forums, projects and support.
- RazorLab – Upload your design, choose your material, get instant pricing, pay online and get it delivered to your door.
- PureData – Pd (aka Pure Data) is a real-time graphical programming environment for audio, video, and graphical processing.
- Processing – Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions.
- Openframeworks – OF is an open source C++ toolkit for creative coding.
- Kickstarter – The world’s largest funding platform for creative projects.
- IndiGoGo – International crowdfunding site.
- Crowdfunding – Independent Wiki on croudfunding.
Design for All
- Centre for Excellence in Universal Design – Dedicated to enabling the design of products, environments and services that can be accessed, understood and used regardless of age, size and ability.
- Quirky – A social product development company.
Assistive Technology – General
- COGAIN – Communication by Gaze Interaction is an active network of those involved in the design, development and implementation of Eyegaze systems.
- AbilityNet – A UK based charity helping disabled adults and children use computers and the internet by adapting and adjusting their technology.
- OneSwitch.org.uk – A resource of fun ideas and ‘assistive technology’ aimed at moderate to severely learning/physically disabled people.
- Game Accessibility – AbleGamers Foundation’s Accessibility Guidelines, a resource tool for game designers who want to make their games accessible.
- Evil Controllers – Buy parts and get instructions on modifying game controllers.
- GameAccessibility.com – Nice collection of academic papers, theses, project reports, etc. Articles such as news items and gamer stories and links to audio- and/or video-footage.
- Game Accessibility Guidelines – Guidance, examples and advice on how and why to cater for gamers with disabilities.
- GameBase – Blog on accessible gaming affiliated with SpecialEffects (below).
- IGDA Game Accessibility SIG – International Game Developers Association Game Accessibility Special Interest Group Page.
- AudioQuake – Pages about the development/adaptation of a mainstream first-person shooter game (Quake) that made it accessible to blind and vision-impaired gamers.
- Communication Matters – committed to supporting people who find communication difficult because they have little or no clear speech.
Auto Maintenance Services